Writing this beauty and makeup blog has been in the works for a long time, but nothing helps kick it into high gear like hearing there is a sale on some of our favorite beauty products lol!!! Sephora is currently doing their VIB Appreciation Sale Event and offering 10%-20% OFF, which makes it the BEST time to try out some of the products you have heard us rave about!
One of our most FAQs is about our make up and favorite beauty products, so Laura and I are breaking down our faves from Sephora that are totally worth cashing in on during this sale! Real quick for those asking, here is all the info you need on the Sephora Sale!
How the Sephora sale is broken down for members:
Early access for all Rouge members- this gets you first dibs to shop 20% off with code YESROUGE starting Aug 24-29th!
All VIB members will receive access to shop event products at 15% off with code YESVIB
Beauty Insider members will be able to shop the same at 10% off with code YESINSIDER
If you’re not a member? You can Sign up for free today to get 10-20% off purchases – Also this is not a credit card- its more like a Kroger plus card! It keeps track of your points sends your discounts and free products! I have found some of my favorite products through the gifting!
Okay now lets talk makeup! Here are our favorite must haves that we love and, more importantly, use everyday!
- Cristie: Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer I absolutely love this deep hydrating moisturizer for night time. It has a heavier weight to it but smells like you have a bouquet of roses on your face all night long. I first started using this because of my severe dry skin. I wore it every night for almost a year and now use it when needed like a night treatment mask. I usually use it once per week! The rose oil and rosewater in this completely soothes and hydrates your skin. If you have sensitive skin I strongly recommend this moisturizer because it is so gentle and soothing!
- Cristie: SMASHBOX Photo Finish Primer Water So I mentioned this in our Insta stories recently and had a lot of questions about it. I may sound like a broken record by saying I have dry skin, but because of it, I am always looking for good hydrating products that actually work. I started using this a month ago and really do think it has helped changed my skin! I just spritz it on my face after my moisturizer and let it dry some, then put on my foundation. I love how it preps my skin and evens out my skin tone to help my foundation go on silky smooth.
- Cristie: I tend to switch between the MAKEUP FOREVER Foundation Stick and the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation depending on my skin.
I love the MAKUP FOREVER because it has a little more coverage to it! I started using it when I had super dry skin and I love how it helps keep moisture in while wearing. I tend to take this with me when I travel, because it is so easy to use. I also love that it can’t break and spill if my bag gets knocked around at the airport. I am starting to seriously think TSA uses people’s luggage for punching bags for how beat up mine always get while traveling!
The Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation has become a fast favorite of mine this summer because of how light and glowy it makes my skin look. This foundation is lighter coverage but for makeup lovers, like myself, you can build up it’s coverage with it still not looking super caked on. It also is super hydrating so your skin always has a healthy glow without getting too dewy or greasy looking.
Also I use the PRO AIRBRUSH PERFECTOR #51 from the SEPHORA COLLECTION and it totally lives up to its name! I am in no way a makeup brush snob (usually buy mine at Target or TJ MAXX) but this brush is amazing and I am totally sold on it. It makes your foundation go on like airbrush. I use it everyday and swear by it! Worth every penny!
- Laura: I am obsessed with Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation! After having Chamberlain, my hormones went a little crazy and I started having bad breakouts. This led me on a very long (and expensive) journey to find a product that would help cover and prevent cystic breakouts! So, after many, many months of trying tons of products, I have fallen in LOVE with this foundation. It has great coverage and lasts me all day with out re-applying, which is huge for me because I have no time for touchups with my wild little ones. I also love the fact that it is made up of natural ingredients and is sulfates and parabens free! Plus it doubles as my SPF!
- Cristie: URBAN DECAY Velvetizer One of my friends told me about this great product and I must say it lives up to it’s name! Your skin really does feel velvet soft and smooth after brushing it on! I was/still am a huge fan of Laura Mercier setting powder, but I love UD powder color – it is a little more of a medium shade which works better with my coloring and find that it pictures wayyyy better (aka no more super bright face with a tan body in pictures lol). I have used this to set my foundation in the morning for about 3 months now, and I make sure its always packed in my bag when traveling!
We both use the URBAN DECAY ShapeShifter in shade Light/Medium. The cool thing about this product is that it gives you a cream and a powder side depending on how intense you want to contour. I (Cristie) found out about this product while watching a Jade Wade Youtube on nose contouring – always looking for ways to shrink my snoz lol! Her video talked me into trying it last summer and I have been 100% hooked ever since! Plus it lasts FOREVER! I think I have had mine for at least 8 months and I use it literally everyday! I tend to stick to the powder side and I love the colors palette! It is super buildable. So, in the summer since I don’t tan my face, I just add a little more than I would in winter months! I use the cream ivory color to brighten and clean up my eyebrows and it works amazing! Also when traveling I use the shimmer color as my highlighter! It has such a great subtle sheen and I always get asked what it is when I use it! So needless to say you get a lot of bang for your buck with this one product!!!
If you are looking for a great brush for contouring & bronzing I suggest this brush! Love the two brush options!
- Cristie: Though somedays I’ll streamline and just use my UB ShapeShift (above) for bronzer – my all time favorite bronzer that I like to use daily is the Tarte Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess! Talk about the perfect combination of tan and glow for summer! Also, it’s so gorgeous to add a little extra shimmer to make your cheek bones pop. This product I have used for years and even if I try something different, I always come back to this one. It really is THAT good!!! It also come in a matte version here if you are not a big fan of the shimmer. The one I use is waterproof, and to be honest I haven’t tested that out too much haha (not a big sweater or swimmer) but I do think it helps it stay on all day long!
Love using this brush to use for my bronzer & contour!
So this is another product that we both have used for years! TooFaced Natural Eyes Palette is seriously the best palette for everyday, if you are wanting a great subtle shimmer for daytime and then build up to a warm smokey eye for nighttime! We both have brown eyes but I have friends with both green and blue eyes that use this palette too, as it is so versatile! The pigment in these colors are so pretty and last all day long!
My daily Application goes like this: I use Cashmere Bunny first in my crease, then follow it up with Push Up, I add a little Chocolate Martini on my outer corner when I want a little more dimension, and then apply Silk Teddy all over on my lid. * If I am super tan, I’ll also use honey pot on my lid and as a highlighter on my nose and cheekbones!
If you are looking for an eye primer I suggest the URBAN DECAY EyeShadow Primer. It is amazing and makes your eyeshadow look/stay on all day and night!
- This eyeliner STAY ALL DAY WATERPROOF LIQUID EYE LINER is perfect! It literally stays on all day and is so easy to use. We have used it for about a year and love that it lasts all day long. It is also oil free, so it works perfectly with lash extensions!
We have literally tried what feels like every brand of mascara and the only one we will use is the TooFaced Better Than Sex Mascara. It creates incredible volume and adds lengths like no bodies business! We both do 2-3 coats and it is an instant false lash look! We get asked about our eyelashes when we are out more than any other thing so to say we seriously swear by this incredible product is an understatement!
URBAN DECAY All Nighter Setting Spray. Y’all this stuff is a game changer! no sweat, humidity, or rain can get through this awesome product lol. I love this sprays on weightless but last alllllll day long! It promises 16 hours of flawlessness and its one of the few products that actually lives up to its marketing! I just spray it in an “X” over my face after finishing my make up and you are good to go!
My #1 Favorite lip gloss that plumps as well as hydrates in the Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss.It comes in three great neutral shimmery color ways but I love it in the Apricot color! A FAQ I get about this gloss is does it really work? short answer: yes. long answer: It adds a little more plumpness to your lips but no if your are thinking your going to have a full on lip filler pout then your going to be let down lol. I love it and have used it for years in combination with the Charlotte Tilbury lip liner in PillowTalk.
SEPHORA Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick are my go-tos if I want something to stay on all day or for an event. They are super reasonable on price point and really do work so well! I have been obsessed with their pink hues recently as pictured above but also love their nude color 32 Nude Blush.
The pink hues I am currently loving in this collection (pictured above) are:
Dare to be Pink #57, Rosewood #85, Pink Souffle #06, Cherry Blossom #07
GlamGlo is a brand that we love when it comes to face masks! We love trying out all the different combinations in their Sample Set! This also makes for a great girls night or gift for a girlfriend! We love their SUPERMUD® Activated Charcoal Treatment this one is awesome for large pores and blemishes. Also love that this line is Parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates free!
Dry Shampoo: So I love 2 that I love and will use both of these products for very different reasons depending on the day! IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo – This stuff is no joke! If your hair gets super greasy fast this stuff is amazing!! I have been using it all summer and only have to wash my hair once or twice a week! It is a heavier spray but totally gets the job done!
The other one I love is the LivingProof Dry Shampoo I have used this off and on for years. I first tried it because I love Jennifer Aniston and am pretty much willing to give anything that she promotes a shot (anyone else love her too?!) but I really love this dry shampoo because it is so light weight and I think it helps add texture to my curls. I use this most when my hair has just been washed and needs a little more help holding volume.
T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand– I love that this set allows you to have multiple curling and styling options in one! This set comes with the one-inch Straight Barrel, 1.25-inch to .75-inch Tapered Barrel, 1.5-inch Straight Barrel*which is the one we love for big glam curls!* If you have been on the fence about trying the T3 products this is the perfect time to get it while its on sale! I have loves the T3 wands because they are super gentle on your hair and really help limit breakage while using!
The Wrap Party Styling Wand: We are recent lovers of this awesome wand! If you love that beachy wave look this wand is perfect to help create that look! Also love that is has an auto shut off after 60 min. just case and has a super long cord so you can have room to work with it!
Slumber Party Silk PillowCase: Okay we are a little late to the silk pillow game but these pillow cases are AHHHMAZING! They really so help keep the bedhead frizz more tame in the AM. Also if you wear extensions these pillow cases help keep your hair silky smooth and help you last longer in between appointments.
St. Tropez Tanning Mousse: This really does give the perfect tan in bottle. I use it all over my body and absolutely love the straight from the beach tan it gives me. I have always been a big believer in the ‘if can’t/haven’t toned it, just tan it’ mentality so I lather this on me once every 2 weeks and am good to go lol! I will say if you are going to buy this just go ahead and buy the applicator glove too – speaking from experience just save yourself the headache and time of scrubbing your hands with out using it.
- Cristie: I love a great signature fragrance and have worn J’adore by Dior for years. I know its a little more of an investment but one spray goes a long way and lasts forever. Plus it makes me instantly feel more confident and feminine… I mean there is nothing better than smelling good walking into a dinner party or meeting. But only spray once or you will be choking out everyone around you and probably yourself #guilty lol!!
- Laura: COCO MADEMOISELLE by Chanel Love this perfume! has a light floral scent that adds just the right amount of intensity with still keeping a lighter scent. I started wearing this a year ago and have people stop me to compliment and ask me what scent I’m wearing! It smells so good!
Side note: If you are looking for a super handsome and manly scent for your man you need to try BLEU DE CHANEL! It smells incredible:) and lasts wayyy longer than most mens colognes!
If you have any questions on any of these products don’t hesitate to comment, email or DM us! Let us know what your favorite products at Sephora! Happy shopping! XOXO!