If you’re like me you and love comfort food (and are always looking for a way to make it a little healthier) nothing is more comforting than a big bowl of spaghetti! Spaghetti squash is a great low-carb/low-calorie option and it tastes amazing. Originally I learned how to cook spaghetti squash in the oven and have it bake for 30-40 minutes but after a few “hangry” nights impatiently waiting, I found a much quicker and easier way to have the same perfect spaghetti squash dinner in less than 20 minutes!
Large Spaghetti Squash
2 TBSP Olive Oil
Garlic Salt to tast
1/2 Cup to 1 Cup of Water
Your favorite spaghetti sauce (here is the one I used)
It does not have be intimidating. You can have delicious spaghetti squash dinner in less than 15 minutes!
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out all of the seeds.
- Take a microwave safe disk and set it on top.
- Drizzle on a little bit of olive oil and rub it into the inside of the squash.
- Take pinch of garlic salt and evenly dust on squash.
- Flip the squash over and pour the water all the way around the dish. Usually 1/4 cup will do the trick!
- Put it in the microwave for 5 minutes. Definitely use gloves to remove, it will be VERY HOT. You want the squash to feel a little softer and fully steamed, if at 5 minutes it still feels completely solid, add an additional 2 minutes until fully steamed through.
- Take the cooked half of the squash off the plate and allow it to cool while you repeat steps 2-7 using the same plate with the second half.
- After they have cooled, use a fork to scrape horizontally and you’ll get the squash “noodles!”
- Top with your favorite spaghetti sauce and you’re ready to go! Easy, healthy, and enough for at least four servings.