Where do you stay?
We have been visiting Cabo for over 30 years and have a vacation home in the area. Our dad loves to deep sea fish and we have stayed at many resorts in the area and decided to get a place of our own about 12 years ago! We love it and have made so many wonderful memories here.
What’s the weather like?
In the spring it is typically 75 in the daytime and in the high 60’s at night, which is dreamy weather for us! The hot months are June-August! The best part about Cabo is that it’s never particularly humid and doesn’t have a ton of bugs, it also RARELY rains!
What’s your favorite adult drink in Mexico when you’re not pregnant?
A skinny margarita on the rocks, with no salt! But I will say that all the mocktails I had on our babymoon were delicious!
What are your favorite restaurants?
- The Office, a beach front restaurant that is perfect for breakfast, lunch, just drinks or dinner time (pictured above) This is our absolute favorite place to eat in Cabo. We’ve been going there almost 15 years and it never disappoints.
- El Huerto, a farm-to-table favorite
- Edith’s, best to-go at night!
- Tres Sirenas, perfect roof top for a sunset cocktail
- Romeo y Julieta, great Italian food
- El Farallon, in the Waldorf Astoria
- Restaurante Los Tres Gallos, love the turn Mexico atmosphere!
- PAN DI BACCO, Italian with homemade pasta
- Nicksan Cabo, fresh sushi
- Grand Velas, their weekend brunch is amazing!
- Tacos Guss, favorite local spot
- Flora Farms, the most insta-worthy
What was it like with COVID testing and safety?
To enter back into the states by airplane you are required to take a Cov!d test 72 hours prior to your flight. Pretty much all resorts have a doctor set up that you can schedule a test and if you are staying in a rental home their are concierge doctors that will come to the house if you prefer not find a pop-up testing site in town.
We used a concierge doc who came to our house. Cost $100 each but we had the result emailed to us in 2hrs and the whole testing process took 10 min!
I felt extremely safe while in Cabo. Masks are required when entering all restaurants, resorts, and stores. They have antibacterial everywhere and most restaurants have temperature readers that scan you before you enter. I thought they did a great job regulating cleanliness throughout all of our meals. At times, the staff even wore masks and gloves!
I think all-inclusive’s can be wonderful and can keep things super easy especially with kids BUT personally I love going and trying all the fun restaurants and attractions that Cabo offers. Half the fun of Cabo is exploring and trying new things so I lean more to getting a normal hotel and trying all the amazing restaurants Cabo offers!
Favorite places to stay:
•Grand Solmar Land’s End Resort & Spa
•Waldorf Astoria at Pedregal
•Pueblo Bonito Pacifica (all inclusive & adults only)
•Grand Velas (all inclusive)
•One and Only Palmilla