I saw this Trader Joe’s recipe on Pinterest and wanted to try it but of course has to add a little of my own flare to it. Anyone else always looking at a recipes and think “ooh you know what would make it even better. Let’s add __!”
This recipe called for one type of Trader Joe’s sausage but so decided to also add in another flavor sausage + I think all creamy dishes need some ricotta so voila! I added both and they were delicious. Merritt also tried ricotta cheese for the first time and as the little cheese connoisseur she is, now is asking for it with every meal.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-make, healthy, and delicious meal, this recipe is for you!
- 12 ounces cauliflower gnocchi DEFROSTED
- 12 ounces chicken sausage
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta
- 5 cups spinach
- Add chicken sausage with 1/2 tablespoon oil to a large non-stick skillet on medium-high, cook until browned on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add cauliflower gnocchi to the pan with the remaining oil. Let cook in oil without touch for 5-10 minutes, until gnocchi starts to brown on the side down. Individually turn over with tongs and brown/crisp on the other side.
- Add half and half to the pan and cook until thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Add chicken sausage to the pan, followed by the parmesan and ricotta cheese. Mix well to combine and then stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Make sure to re-spray your pan with oil when you put the cauliflower gnocchi in. The recipe I used didn’t call for that but ours definitely needed a little extra oil to not stick to the pan!
Hope you enjoy & share this meal with the people you love! Also if you need a fun conversation starter for the table – try using a family favorite of ours. We call it “High, Lows of the day” everyone goes around and shares the best (highest) moment of their day & then also what was a low moment of the day! It’s a great way to get talking and hear a little more about each others day! Plus the highs tend to be a great opportunity to remember something you were grateful for that happened that day that you can give a moment of thanks to God for!
Let us know if you try it. Love being tagged in your meals!
Original recipe I added to linked here.